Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To you...the best I've known :)


You gave me strength to get through the dark, lonely night

Though miles away you are busy with your plight...

Never once you question why I call only you,

Always saying "I'll be there for you"...

You surprise me by calling when I am excited or low;

How do you know your call makes me glow?

You give me the utmost happiness and also the greatest sorrow;

Knowing as I do that we may have no tomorrow...

Yet I say...You are the best I have known,

You are probably the best I will ever know...

5 comments:

~ M ~ said...

Man.. u write nice.. write a poem for me, puh-leeease! ;)

Aarti Ramanan said...

WOW!!!
your poems just keep getting better every time...
rhyme scheme this time!!
...straight from the heart... :)

Is it a wandering mind or a wonder mind???
Perhaps, the Goa effect! You are finally feeling the air... :) :)

Congratz on your second!!! Can't wait for the next now!

Unknown said...

too good...
who so ever is that "you" in this poem is definitly a lucky human being.
the rhyming an word selection is good..keep writing

cheere

Unknown said...

Nice :-) ... would have really liked it if you had revealed the you in the poem as a mother or father in the end.... It would have really swept me off my feet... but very well written :-)

Maya said...

@Mridu: thx..be good to me and you never knw, I may write one for you also ;) just kidding...thanks a ton :)

@Aarti: it's a dreaming mind :)
Hehehe...ya Goa effect...mujhe bhi wohi lagta hai ;) thanks darling :)

@Gaurav: thank you very much. coming from someone who writes very well himself, it's a matter of honour for me :)

@Sunder: Thank you..Your comment came as a total surprise :) Maybe you're right but this wasn't meant for parents :)