Monday, February 26, 2007

a lil senti...but very happy...


Well,am a lil senti/emotional.The reason - 1 of my best frnds(Mahesh,wrks in B'lore) calld a lil while back.He was missing Mumbai(& all of us,ofcourse).Aft spking to him,I went over all those really 1derful moments that v had shared in the span of a few months.What cudnt happen in 3+ yrs happened in 1 day :-))

It all strtd with our first meet at Centre One(CO)[Vashi] on 2nd Jan,2006.It was the first day of our final semester & v wer left early.Most of my class left for home & I was staying back in college waiting for my IT frnds.At that moment,I got an unxpected call-rajesh called me asking if I'd go to CO "jus like tht".I agreed & tht was a turning point in my life.I met Rajesh,Roops,Adi,Nitya & Savita at CO,chit-chatted n thn Nitya,Savi left for home.What followed was,for the remaining 4 of us,the most marvellous time of our lives.We decided on one thing while leaving - we'd hv more such outings.And we did.

CO became our regular hangout.Whenever we left early frm col,we wer there.Our usual group includes aarti,adi,gita,krishna,mahesh,rajesh,roops n me besides nitya,arundhati n smtyms rohan.Talking,bitching,pulling legs we did evrything:-)

Then came the cricket matches in February & inspite of it being the final yr,we were there to watch all matches.Post-match,we used to either go to CO or a movie or simply chat away at a local juice centre.March saw all of us bonding very closely.

After the exams in June,it was time to say bye to sm grp members-raj who's pursuing higher studies;Krishna moved to pune,aarti,dhati joined b'cone in july n adi went for training to pollachi.When adi came back,it was time for Mahesh to leave for B'lore.

Mahesh & Raj came for vacatn during Diwali.We saw "DON" n njoyd Roops' treat at night(she'd got thru to TCS):-)).Then came Dec-roops went to Bhubaneshwar for (2 mnths)training but we had loads to look forward to.We met up 5 tyms in a span of 7 days when raj n mahesh came down in dec.24th at vashi,25th at adi's place,27th & 29th at bandra,30th at VT.All these days r memorable but the 2 bandra & the Gateway(VT) meets were awsm;the images r stil in fresh in my mind and am sure all my frnds wud agree.
We were all a lil too senti at tht tym(dec)-thinking of how much fun v'd had together & a lil apprehensive of what life has in store for us,what v'd do when v cudnt meet up like this.Aarti,adi,mahesh n I used to chat late into the night almost evry night (of tht week in dec) on the phone discussing & cherishing the precious moments of our togetherness as also convincing each other tht no matter what,v'd stay in touch even if v cudnt meet each other regularly.
Krishna,Gita,Roops dint feature in the last para(I'm sorry guys) but trust me,they r very much a part of this 1drful bonding;only they cudnt make it durin all the outings in dec.

No matter what or how much I write,words cannot express the true depth of my feelings.I truly treasure these frnds n hv no words to thank them for being a part of my life.Still,thank u,guys.N most of all,raj,u dnt knw how much tht 1 call of urs changed things for me.Thank u so much..:-)

The distance betn us frnds,the thot of separation,the fear of losing touch with thm all put to one side,the happiness & pride of having such frnds exceeds all these feelings by a ratio of one to infinity :-)))

11 comments:

Vivek said...

The only gold is love,
A coin that we have minted from the light
Of others who have cared for us on Earth
And who have deposited in us the power
That nerves our nerves to seize the burning stars.
- Philip Jose Farmer

aditya said...

Straight from the heart. Very nice!!! You have a clear winner on your hands, Maya.
Btw, what's with the awful spellings? Remember one of the commandments of English: "Thou shall not butcher the Queen's language!"

dashingkris said...

What a post!!! u seriously remind of those wonderful college days "Those were the best days of my life... Oh yeah...Back in the Summer of Zero Six ('06)"...
Seriously,very good one! BTW, thanks for mentioning about the memorable cricket matches and also for all the cheering!

Unknown said...

Well written
Our lives have indeed had a drastic change in the four golden years we have spent with each other. But the good part is that we still share the same bonding we used to.
"Make new friends but treasure the old" is all that I could think of after reading it and don't you think we are practicing it?

Swapna said...

Voyage of emotions!!
Can clearly identify with it,although different settings.

Maya said...

Adi,Kris,thanks...I know you guys can relate best to my feelings...Waiting for comments from some more of this esteemed gang of ours:-)
Sorry for the spelling "mishtakes",adi.Promise to improve next time.
Yes nits,am sure we are practising the proverb indeed & yes,the bonding remains the same.

Mahesh said...

Maya...fantastic work. i really didn't think that my call could actually make you write a blog!!! i guess this is the best way to express one's feelings!! and yes, to come to think about those days, they are priceless moments!! i am sure i would never forget the last two years of my engineering in the years to come.Well done!!!

the_jackal said...

Really great Mayo.. I think this was even better than Adi's diary coz this was much more personal :-)

All i can say is that some bonds can never break.. i think we all share that... Thanx for putting it so eloquently :-).. Well Done!!

Aarti Ramanan said...

Hey,awesome piece!!!
Even the minutest details weren't spared.you have everything in that memory of yours, still afresh. Well done!!!

And yup, those Bandra and Gateway outings are my favourites too!!!

Well...and, I was actually surprised that my name was mentioned there.As per our group protocol,I am not supposed to feature anywhere, you see. And I am supposed to carry a certain label everywhere I go. And blogs are no exception...
Now Let me also quote my philosophy on friendship here...'Never break group protocols'... ;)

Roopali said...

Hey Maya that was a really nice post!hmm a little emotional but very true!Those 4 yrs we spent were really wonderful and the friendship that we share is truely great!Even now I miss our collg fests and cricket matches and truely speakin whenever we meet up at collg or CO i get reminded of all those days and the fun we had.
This article is truly a reminder of all that and i feel that i have certainly missed out on those bandra outings!

adhishg said...

friendship overcomes distance..
loved your blog...